Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I'm Back!!!!!

I've been busy teaching despite a knee injury (since healed)  and now a shoulder sprain- that's just the way the cookie crumbles.. I felt well enough this week to get back to some serious blogging.

This is a sample of gumpaste orchids and butterflies created by my senior students. I conducted a year long class for seniors on the Lower Eastside of Manhattan. The seniors were a bit of a challenge but even they fell under the spell of sugar art.  Aren't their creations great!

My Gumpaste Calla Lily Class was a hit with newbie cake decorators.  They got the hang of this technique in a snap!

I especially love, love, loved working with kids and these Daisy Scouts were so sweet.  I and fellow caker Lynn C. planned the Bugs, Bees, and Butterfly cookie decorating class to coordinate with their current Daisy badge lesson.  Even this Mad Cake Baker gets a little teary eyed when I am conducting a class for kids.

No comments: